Brand K Partners, located in Franklin Lakes, NJ, is a passionate team of highly skilled individuals devoted to improving the operational efficiencies of nonprofit organizations. We work with our clients to create customized, affordable solutions to serve their accounting and fiscal management needs.
Brand K Partners seeks a highly motivated and organized Accounting Manager to manage various non-profit clients and communicate the financial well-being of the nonprofit organization to the Executive Team and/or Board. This position is based in Franklin Lakes with some travel within the New Jersey/New York region.
Responsibilities and Duties
Perform the following for all clients:
- Process and/or manage payroll, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Ensure accounts receivable and accounts payable are current (less than 90 days) for each client.
- Reconcile bank and credit card statements.
- Review all uncleared checks and deposits for items over 120 days.
- Review the Accountants’ monthly financial statements prior to submitting to clients.
- Analyze and prepare financial statements on a monthly basis.
- Prepare fiscal projections (cash/accrual) on an as-needed basis.
- Effectively communicate and present financial statements to the client’s Executive Team and/or Board on a monthly basis.
- Monitor restricted grants and forecast spending to ensure compliance with funding organizations.
- Prepare annual client budgets and present to the Executive Team and/or Board.
- Manage annual client audits and ensure all required schedules are completed on time.
- Provide clients with strategic, fiscal guidance to improve and/or maintain the financial health of the nonprofit.
- Perform ad-hoc accounting tasks on an as-needed basis.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA or Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience within an Accounting or Finance department.
- Knowledge of nonprofit accounting.
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks required.
- Strong, demonstratable understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Independent, self-starter with the ability to plan and prioritize work schedules.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Travel to client sites required.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]